HCE Group prides itself on exceeding expectations, providing a rigorous and attentive client service and recovering money from debtors in an ethical and professional manner.

We are constantly striving to improve our service. With your feedback, we can evolve further whilst continuing to deliver unparalleled client service.

Complaints procedure

If you feel our service has not met your expectations, please follow the steps outlined below.

What to expect

Your complaint must relate to enforcement action in which you are personally involved. We cannot consider complaints arising out of you watching or reading material published on the internet or other media, for example, that relating to the eviction of trespassers.

We ask you to submit your complaint in writing, outlining your grievance (you may have already done this). Please email

In order for us to fully investigate your complaint we ask that you provide the following information:

  • Your full name
  • Your business name
  • Your home and business addresses
  • Our reference number
  • Parties to the writ
  • Date(s) our enforcement agent called to your address
  • A clear statement of your complaint (why you are aggrieved)
  • Any documentation that you feel will be useful in support of your complaint
  • An indication of what you are looking for to satisfy your complaint


We would ask that you stick only to the facts and avoid speculation.


Our Complaints Officer will carry out a full internal investigation regarding your complaint.

Due to reduced capacity during the COVID-19 pandemic, please allow up to 40 working days for a full written response.

What if I disagree with the Complaint Officer’s response?

Should you disagree with the response, you have 21 days from the date of the Complaint Officer’s response to ask for the decision to be referred to a member of the Group senior management for a final decision.

What if I disagree with the decision?

If you are not satisfied with the outcome there are two options open to you:

  • You may seek legal recourse through the Courts. You may wish to obtain legal advice for this course of action
  • Complain to the High Court Enforcement Officers Association at this address:

High Court Enforcement Officers Association
Drake House
Gadbrook Park

Please enclose all correspondence from you to us and from us to you, to ensure the Association has a full picture.

General guidance notes

We will not investigate any complaints regarding the following:

  • Complaints that are awaiting an outcome from the courts
  • Complaints about other High Court Enforcement Officers
  • Complaints about other Enforcement Agencies

All correspondence concerning your complaint should be addressed to:

The Complaints Officer
High Court Enforcement Group
Vaughan Thomas House
141 Walter Road


The enforcement of writs of control

A guide to the recovery of debt under a High Court writ of control


Enforcement legislation updates

Read the latest news and legislation relating to enforcement