Employment tribunal awards
- What should I do if the defendant calls?
The most practical answer is to refer them to us and advise them that the matter is being dealt with through the court and they need to contact the Officer.
- What if you don’t get paid?
It has been agreed with the Ministry of Justice that no fee will be charged for out of pocket expenses, therefore the case would be closed and you would not receive a bill.
- How do you get paid?
Our costs are added to the award and recovered from the defendant.
- How soon will things happen?
As soon as you instruct us. The transfer process is only restricted by the speed of the court and is out of our control, but once we have the sealed Order it is a matter of days before we attend.
- What additional information do you need?
As much information as you have, even if this information seems trivial:
- Contact name if a company
- Contact telephone numbers, landline and mobiles
- Email addresses
- Asset details, vans, cars, stock supplied
- Alternative trading addresses
- Web pages/social media pages eg facebook/twitter etc
- Where goods were delivered
These simple details speed up the process and increase your chance of full recovery
- I have a question that is not listed?
You can call any member of our team who will be able to answer your question, no matter how trivial it may seem we are here to help. Contact us on 0151 236 4751.
- How do I know what is happening on my case?
We will update you throughout all the processes – this can be done speedily through email or written reports. This will include any offers made.
- What happens if I deal directly with the defendant?
You will be liable for our full fees. We would ask you that once the enforcement process has started you refer the defendant to our office. Defendants can be known to try and interfere with the process and attempt to delay payment.