Transfer up

  • What happens if the writ is unexecuted?

    Should it be the case that the writ cannot be executed, which can be for a variety of reasons – the defendant is insolvent, bankrupt, in liquidation or moved away and can’t be traced – a maximum fixed fee would be charged as before.

  • I have a question that’s not listed

    You can call any member of our team who will be able to answer your question; do not worry how trivial it may seem, we are always here to help. Contact us on 0151 236 4751.

  • How can I pay the fee for transfer up?

    You can pay the fee in cash, debit card, bank draft, postal order, or cheque. Cheques are made payable to the HMCTS. Account facilities are available upon request.

  • Will I get my transfer fee back?

    When a High Court Writ is issued there is a cost of execution fee which is payable, this fee is to cover your issuing costs. However if the High Court Enforcement Officer is not successful in obtaining payment, the issuing fees are not refundable.

  • After my judgment has been issued and my transfer complete what happens next?

    A High Court Writ will be issued to a High Court Enforcement Officer who will, on the receipt of the Writ at the office, issue a notice of enforcement to the debtor. If the debtor does not pay after this notice, an enforcement agent will visit the debtor to take control of the debtor’s goods. They will then report to you direct, as to the action that has been taken.

  • What happens if there are no assets?

    If the Defendant has no assets, or only has assets that are not worth removing to sale and is unable to pay the Writ, a maximum fixed fee would be charged for up to three visits. The office would keep you advised of the progress by way of reports.

  • How long does my writ last?

    An Enforcement Agent has 12 months to take control of the debtor’s goods under a writ from the date the Enforcement Agent issues the Notice of Enforcement to the debtor. A writ can be extended for a further 12 months by application to the court, there is a further court fee payable for this application.

    Where a debtor enters an arrangement and maintains the arrangement then there is no requirement to extend the writ.

  • How do I transfer my judgment from the County Court to the High Court for enforcement?

    HCE Group can transfer your Judgment for you. All you need to do is complete our online form and send us a copy of the original Certificate of Judgment sealed by the Court, and payment of the court fee.

    We will complete all the necessary documentation, and prepare the Writ. We will issue it to the High Court and obtain the necessary seals and forward to the appropriate officer.

The enforcement of writs of possession

A guide to the removal of activists, trespassers and travellers under a High Court writ of possession


The enforcement of writs of control

A guide to the recovery of debt under a High Court writ of control