Judgment enforcement

  • I have a question that is not listed?

    You can call any member of our team who will be able to answer your question, no matter how trivial it may seem we are here to help. Contact us on 0151 236 4751.

  • What additional information do you need?

    These simple details speed up the process and increase your chance of full recovery.

    • Contact name if a company
    • Contact telephone numbers, landline and mobiles
    • Email addresses
    • Asset details, vans, cars, stock supplied
    • Alternative trading addresses
    • Web pages/social media pages e.g. facebook/twitter etc
    • Where goods were delivered
  • How soon will things happen?

    As soon as you instruct. The transfer process is only restricted by the speed of the court and is out of our control. On receipt of the Writ at the office, we will issue a notice of enforcement to the debtor. If the debtor does not pay after this notice, an enforcement agent will visit the debtor to take control of the debtor’s goods. They will then report to you direct, as to the action that has been taken.

  • What happens if I deal direct with the defendant?

    You will be liable for our full fees. We would ask you that once the enforcement process has started you refer the defendant to our office. Defendants can be known to try and interfere with the process and attempt to delay payment.

  • How will I know what is happening on my case?

    We will update you throughout all the processes – this can be done speedily through email or written reports. This will include any offers made.

  • What if it can’t be recovered?

    Should it be the case that the Writ cannot be executed, this can be for a variety of reasons – the defendant is insolvent, bankrupt, in liquidation or moved away and cannot be traced – a maximum fixed fee would be charged.

  • What should I do if the defendant calls?

    The most practical answer is to refer them to us, tell them that the matter is being dealt with through the court and they need to contact the Officer.

  • What will it cost?

    Her Majesty’s Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) charges a fee to seal the writ. We do all the administration and complete all the forms with no charge to you. This fee is then added to the judgment as an execution cost.

  • How do you get paid?

    Our fees are added to the judgment and the defendant pays..

  • How do you collect your fees?

    If we do not recover the full amount on the first payment, our fees we will split from the amount recovered 65/35, you receiving the larger amount. Do not worry the fees are recoverable from the defendant.

The enforcement of writs of possession

A guide to the removal of activists, trespassers and travellers under a High Court writ of possession


The enforcement of writs of control

A guide to the recovery of debt under a High Court writ of control